Monday, December 11, 2006

Seeing C's Inner Princess

Today, we were attending a farewell dim sum with for Joe at a super-expensive restaurant in a 5-star-like setting. At our table, we struck up an interesting conversation with another couple that had done some significant travel in South-East Asia. Early on, the conversation sounded something like this:
C: I think I should travel there soon before I get too used to creature comforts.
T: It's too late for you already.
Girl: Don't listen to him, girl! You go wherever you want to go! You go girl!
So basically, the couple was siding with C early on. But as the girl continued to share harrowing tales of monstrous bed bugs, used up tubes of after-bite, and Morroccan attacks with C cringing with every tale, the boy slowly began to see what I already knew:
Boy: Yeah, I don't know... maybe you should go very soon.
Toward the end of the meal, C went to the posh restaurant's washroom. Seeing an opportunity for some humour, I asked:
T: So, how was the washroom?
C: Ugh, it was terrible!
Girl: Actually, you should go RIGHT NOW. I don't think you should even wait until you get home. You should book your flight NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home