Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Good Riddance!

I sent this to the HCI group at UBC today...


From: Tony Tang
Subject: Wouldn't it be nice...
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:08:21 -0700

Hi All --
As many of you already know, tomorrow will be my last day here at UBC. Going to CHI will be the last "HCI thing" I will do. The emotional toll of the PhD has become too overwhelming, and so I decided with my fiancee that quitting would be the right thing for my mental health. I already have a good career lined up as a musician for a advertising company though, so don't worry -- I'll be just fine. :)

As a gift back to IDRG for all of the time you spent with me thinking about my research, and your companionship, I'm offering to make a small little promo video for each of your research projects. As a sample, I've included a sound bite that I created for Leah's adaptive menus project.
I'll do this for each member of IDRG for free. Please accept it as my thanks.

Sincerely,
--tony



The attachment to the email appears above as an embedded mp3.

I was very touched (and felt pretty badly about) some of the emails that I got in response. The best one by far came from Garth, though, whose response was simple: "Good riddance!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! This is awesome!

April 21, 2008 at 6:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home