Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ulterior Motives

I like going grocery shopping during the weekdays during the daytime, because they always give out free food samples. It's really a big scam, and everyone knows it, but it's kind of funny how everyone is playing their part.
Owner: "Here! Have some food, we're nice people!"
Saleslady: "Let me tell you all about this special product. You can pick it up from aisle 6."
Guy getting food sample: "Uh-huh, uh-huh, yes this is all very interesting information that you're giving to me about this unusual product I have never sampled before."

Owner (thinking): "Happier people == more sales."
Saleslady (thinking): "Good grief! You're drooling all over my product! Back off, you pigs!"
Guy getting food sample (thinking): "Yeah yeah whatever -- just give me the food."
Isn't it great when we all just get along?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home