Friday, February 01, 2008

Conferences

My version of a conversation I recently had with K.
K: I registered for a logging conference at the Forestry building next month.

T (thinking): K has a variety of interests. She must have seen this while she was walking through the Forestry building one day.

T: Huh. Interesting.

K (apparently taken aback by the lack of enthusiasm): Yeah, it'll be great. Just outside my research area, but should be interesting.

T (thinking): I guess she's studying architects. Maybe logging resource planners work in the same sort of way.

T: I didn't know you were so interested in that stuff.

K: Of course I am! Blogging, social media, all that stuff..

T: Social media? ... Ooh! BLOGGING! You're going to a BLOGGING conference.
You can read K's interpretation of our conversation on her blog.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home