Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Prepping for extended family dinners...

When you're meeting the extended family, you have to prep for the usual questions. Tonight, I was fairly prepared for most of the questions, e.g.:
"What's your name?" --> "Tony Tang"

"How are you related?" --> "I am dating C*, who is the daughter of C*."

"What do you do?" --> "I am a graduate student at UBC."

"Where do you live?" --> "Right here in Vancouver."

"How long have you been dating?" --> "7 years."
Yet tonight, because this was really really extended family, I got a couple of really tough questions that had me respond with, "..." It was a rough night.
"When are you having children?" --> "..."

"So, how long have you two been married?" --> "..."
I did manage to come up with a good one on the fly tonight though:
"So, why aren't you married?" --> "C* hasn't proposed yet."
Hit or miss?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home