Saturday, August 26, 2006

Good Times in the Sun

I played with J today in a FunClub reverse 2's tournament. It was awesome. I haven't had so much fun playing for a while: it reminded me of why I started playing. It had all the good things in a good day of ball: good hits/finishes, solid defense, seemingly miraculous plays that make people shake their heads in wonder, and a tingly/achy body at the end of the day. Well, we weren't solid on defense, but there were glimmers of greatness.

On the day, we finished 3-3 in the round robin, and lost two straight in the tournament round. Since both games in the tournament round were lost to teams we'd beaten in the round robin, we were kind of bummed out that the day ended so quickly. If anything, I would say that we didn't have that killer instinct to finish teams when they were weak. This was too bad (for our egos), but I would trade it in a heartbeat for another fun day like today. Today was great: good sun, good ball, good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home