Friday, June 09, 2006

There is a chance I am getting old

For some reason, I never considered this possibility, but there have been clues for a while.

Yesterday in the eyeglass shop:
Me: My friend was suggesting I get a pair of glasses that is more "fun." Any idea what that means?
Woman: Bwahahahhahahaha!
M: Well?
W: Shouldn't you ask her? Bwahahahahahha!
M: Oh.
*while she's showing me some glasses*
W: All the young kids are wearing them these days.
She said that twice! TWICE! Dangit! She was twice my age! :-(

The other clue is that the undergrads in my lab use all these weird phrases that I'd never heard before (e.g. hate on, stylez -- although apparently, it is also spelled styles). I'd assumed it was because they were young little gangsters or something.

In discussing this little tidbit with C today:
T: I even used the phrase, "hate on," yesterday.
C: ... To be cool or to pretend you're uncool?
I'm getting no love here. I should send her an IM to remind her that she's older than me.

UPDATE (8:27am): In relaying this message to my mom...
M: Yeah, your face looks old.
Dammit!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. The phrases you're hearing that you claim are for the younger generation is simply false. The real explanation is that these phrases were around when you were younger, it's just that you never paid attention!

Who hasn't heard the term "hate on"?!

June 12, 2006 at 10:09 p.m.  
Blogger tangaroo said...

Hey now... don't be hatin' on the playah, hate the game!

hahahahah

June 12, 2006 at 10:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home