Tuesday, April 04, 2006

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

My friends invited C and I to Shiru-Bay Chopstick Cafe, which is not my usual fare of go big or go home.
C: I don't know if you like this place.
T: How come?
C: Well, it's not really your kind of place.
T: Huh? How so?
C: I went there with some friends, and ... yeah, it's really not your kind of place.
T: What do you mean?
C: Well, it's for people with delicate palates.
T: What! Are you saying that I'm not good enough to eat there?
C: Things are a very delicate and tasty.
T: ...
C: Portions are too small.
T: Dude! You could have at least said it in a respectful way! What if I'd said, "It's for skinny girls."
So that it's clear, we were laughing about this, but seriously folks: better to blame the establishment than your partner.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you end up liking it? lol. There's another place that's got similar-type food (actually better IMO) and as bonus, all the waitresses are pretty hot. Maybe next time your friends want to not eat, you could all go there ; )

April 4, 2006 at 12:58 p.m.  
Blogger tangaroo said...

I'm all for good spots. Where is this place?

April 4, 2006 at 1:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's on Robson Street somewhere:
Hapa Izakaya

April 4, 2006 at 1:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home