Sunday, January 29, 2006

Pumps? Really?


There are times when I am talking to C* that I have no idea what she is talking about. They occur much more frequently than I would like to admit. It's not that I'm a bad listener, it's just that we come from what seem to be different worlds: apparently, she lives in the now, and I happen to live in the 90's (or earlier).

Case in point (note, I have never told her about this misunderstanding):
C: So, I am thinking of getting some pumps.
T: Pumps? Are you nuts?
C: No way, they're totally in style.
T: Really? Okay...
So, as you can see, I am very good at hiding my ignorance of the fact that I thought she was referring to Reebok pumps from the 90's, instead of what I had always called high heels.

My day of discovery happened something along these lines: C* sent me a link to an ebay auction for a pair of pumps, presumably to either ask me what I thought, or to hint at a gift for the impending Christmas season; I clicked the link, viewing the pumps, and then proceeded to view the pumps at all angles, trying to find the pump for the shoes (recall that the Reebok pumps all had these little pumps). Confused, I ask her for the link again, thinking that I must have wrong auction. She sends it again, and sure enough, same auction. Then, it dawns on me: I should never buy shoes for C*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home