Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Enough ...

I discovered Vienna Teng today. Listening to her music, particularly Gravity brings me peace right down to my soul.

I feel like nothing else matters when I listen to this piece -- like I just want to melt away into the melodies and let it envelop my entire being so that I could willing drown myself within. When I listen to it, it is easy to forget everything else around me. Time stands still. In my mind's eye, I can feel the notes as if they were whisps of mist swirling around me. They're gentle, but they can bear weight -- I can tilt my head back and rest on the strength of the voice, which is but another, thicker whisp of mist.

There are few other pieces that I really connect with to this extent. The only other one I can think of right now that makes me feel the same way is Vanessa Carlton's cover of U2's Streets Have No Name. The only real connection between these two pieces is that there's a piano going. Maybe I was meant to learn to play the piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home