Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Wisdom of the karpar: On Famous People

One of my favourite stories belongs to KM, who remarked, "Frogs really do look slimey," to a famous person during a visit to an aquarium. "It was all I could think of," she protested when later recounting the story. I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad, except KM never got to speak with that famous person again during the conference.

During my recent visit to San Jose, I remarked to karpar how difficult it was to talk to famous people (in academia), waxing eloquent about the anxieties a grad student faces when trying to come up with interesting things to say to them. Without skipping a beat, karpar posited:
KP: Well, remember: everyone poops.
I guess that's better than imagining them without their clothes on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sure everybody poops. But some people poop poops that are widely admired and disseminated throughout the community. They are invited to give poop keynotes, write poop memoirs, and eventually are awarded the ACM Lifetime Pooping Award.

The rest of us just stink up the place.

May 4, 2009 at 10:56 a.m.  
Blogger LauraMedley said...

I am very happy to visit this website and read the great http://awriter.org/essaylab-review/ information that you present. Thank you

December 5, 2016 at 6:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home